Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Seriously....

I have worn this word out lately....Every day there is some moment in it, related to Jurnee, that I just look at her and say seriously....I really think it must be a joke. I decided I am going to start taking pictures because you just can't explain how unbelievable it is. I have to chronicle it for others to experience as well, so just since Friday, when I came up with this idea, this is what has happened. Can one kid really get into that much trouble??? Let's see, last Friday, I here a faint scratching noise coming from the pantry, of course, I think rat! I creep down and peek around the corner hoping to catch it in action chewing or eating something and this is what I see...
 
She got into the 25kg bag of flour and decided to paint herself with it. Then while getting the bath ready to clean her up, this is how we found her before we could get her clothes off.
 

Then Saturday, it was the big bag of rice, which was all over the floor and stuck to the bottom of our feet for about 2 days until we could get it all swept up. Tim was home when it happened and I wasn't, so that one didn't get a photo. Sunday, we had a church service at a friend's house. Karis was sitting on the toilet, and I heard her yelling Jurnee was in the tub. I didn't think much of it, because I assumed it wasn't full of water. When I went in, there was old, dirty tub water in the tub and Jurnee was swimming with her clothes on(as you can probably tell, she LOVES water!). I didn't get a picture, because I didn't have a camera with me. Monday, while at school she got a hold of markers (this is a common experience) and this is what she looked like...
 
It is often an entire leg or foot, but usually not the face. And today, she wandered away for awhile while I was teaching Traeger and Karis, and she came back smelling absolutely wonderful. I didn't notice anything at first until I picked her up and almost dropped her, because she was so slippery. I realized she had covered herself in soap from head to toe. Her whole body was stuck with little chunks from the bar of soap. Back up in the bathroom, the floor was also covered with little chunks of soap and the sink and the wall, etc... Soap is one of her favorite things and I can't even tell you how many times she has eaten it as well.
 
This doesn't include the minor, daily occurances, such as playing in the mud and eating it(see below), dumping puzzles and toys and crayons all over, throwing the whole role of toilet paper into the toilet, playing and drinking the mopping water, coloring on the wall, floor, Kallen, etc. I will try to continue to chronicle this saga, and I am sure many of you have had similar experiences, but I am telling you, NONE of my other kids, were so consistently in this much trouble!



1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh.My.Word!! That girl!! Michele, hands down you take the cake on the cutest, get-into-trouble-in-mere-seconds kid. :)